Vodka jelly, or Jell-O shots as they are known in the United States, can be made for parties, card games, neighbourhood BBQs, you name it. Because it is colourful and fruity, vodka jelly is enjoyed by almost every consenting adult age 21 or older. Additionally, Jell-O can be moulded into a variety of shapes for interesting visual presentations or allowed to set in, for example, martini glasses (with a spoon for serving), for an original presentation. Almost any Jell-O flavour can be used, but sometimes the cherry flavour mixed with the alcohol tastes too much like cough syrup. Lime and orange are safe bets.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- One package of Jell-O (4 servings; 85.1gr.)
- 1 cup boiling water
- ½ cup cold water
- ½ cup vodka
- Medium-sized bowl
- Shot glasses, small plastic containers or martini glasses
Dissolve the Jell-O in the boiling water by stirring until all particles are liquefied.
Combine the cold water and vodka; stir into the Jell-O mixture.
Pour into a bowl, ice cube trays, plastic cups with lids, shot glasses or martini glasses.
Chill in refrigerator until set.
Tips and warnings
- Replace the cold water with chilled vodka for a much stronger version.
- Although it may look harmless, this concoction can be potent. Consume in moderation.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for