It is never too late or too early to start trimming down by losing fat. By having too much fat around your belly and chest you put yourself at a greater risk for health problems, such as diabetes and heart disease. You burn body fat over the entirety of your body in a pattern according to your genetic predisposition. However, you can find easy exercises to lose belly and chest fat for men. In men, it is the belly and chest that holds most of the fat, so when you begin to lose fat, most of it will come from these areas.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Weightlifting Belt
- Workout clothing
Focus on muscle building as well as cardiovascular exercises. While you should focus on working your chest and stomach muscles, you should also continue to work all the muscles of your body. By increasing your muscle mass over the entirety of your body, you increase your metabolism, which means your body burns more calories throughout the day. For cardiovascular exercise, running is the best type of exercise to melt away fat. If you have lower back or knee problems, you can also walk or ride a bike. Do at least 30 to 45 minutes of nonstop cardio exercises three to five times per week.
Use crunches to build and tone your abdominal muscles. Lay with your back on the floor, bend your knees while keeping you feet flat on the floor and then fold your arms across your chest. Slowly raise your upper body toward your knees lifting your shoulders about six to eight inches off the ground. Hold at the top for one second and then slowly lower your shoulders back to the floor. Perform three to four sets of 20 to 25 repetitions three times per week.
Perform leg raises to tighten up the lower areas of you belly. Leg raises focus on your lower abdominal muscles. Lay on your back with your legs stretched out but knees slightly bent. With your hands at your side, slowly raise both legs off the ground about eight to ten inches. Hold for one second and then slowly lower your legs until your feet touch the ground. Perform three to four sets of 20 to 25 repetitions three times per week.
Perform regular push-ups to help tone your chest and belly. Push-ups are a great exercise to help build muscle in the middle chest, shoulders and arms. While in the push-up position your abdominal muscles remain contracted, giving them a static muscular workout. To perform, lower yourself onto your knees, place your hands flat on the floor shoulder-width apart. Then straighten your legs with your weight on your hands and toes. From this position, slowly bend your elbows and lower your body down, keeping your back straight, until you are about one inch from the floor. Pause for one second and then push yourself back up to the starting position. Perform as many repetitions as possible for three to four sets twice per week.
Perform standing push-ups to help tighten up your lower chest muscles. These are easier to perform than regular push-ups and should be done after the regular push-ups. Find a sturdy counter in your home that is at least waist high. Take two to three steps back to a point where you can lean forward and place your hands shoulder width apart on the counter and support your body weight. With your back flat, slowly lower your body until the lower part of your chest touches the counter edge. Pause for one second and then push yourself back up to the starting position. Perform 20 to 25 repetitions for three to four sets twice per week.
Tips and warnings
- When performing the various push-ups, you can vary your hand placement from wider than shoulder width or narrower than shoulder width in order to differentiate your workouts and work your chest from various angles.
- If you cannot do regular push-ups, an alternative is to remain on your knees in the starting position and lift your feet off the ground.
- All of these exercises must be combined with a good nutritional plan. If you do not have a healthy, high protein, low fat diet in place, you will see little or no progress in losing belly and chest fat.
- Don't be scared if you begin to gain weight in the beginning. You will gain muscle, which will eventually lead to greater fat loss. You can generally expect to gain muscle before any significant belly or chest fat loss occurs.
- Push-ups can put a slight strain on your lower back, so it is recommended that you wear a weightlifting belt during these exercises.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for