Leather furniture is both luxurious and practical. But what do you do when you need to clean your white leather couch? How do you remove a stain and make it look like new?
Test a small amount of cleaning product in an inconspicuous place on your white leather couch to check for possible discolouration or damage to the leather.
Apply either Ivory Soap or Dove Milk Body Wash to a clean, damp, soft cloth. Rub the couch using a circular motion and gentle pressure. Work only on a small area of the couch at a time. As the cleaning cloth becomes soiled, rinse the cloth and reapply soap or body wash.
As you finish Step 2 for each small area, wipe that area with a clean, damp cloth.
After finishing Step 3 for each small area, buff with a clean, dry cloth.
Repeat Steps 2, 3, and 4 for the entire couch.
To remove stubborn stains use one of the following methods: 1) Apply non-acetate nail polish remover to a soft cloth and rub stained area using gentle pressure; or 2) Make a paste of Oxy Clean and apply it with a clean soft cloth using a circular motion and gentle pressure.
Wipe stain remover residue from the couch with a clean, damp, soft cloth.
Buff with a clean, dry cloth.
Clean the entire couch to avoid demarcation between cleaned and non-cleaned areas.
Before doing the entire piece of furniture, test your chosen cleaning agent in an inconspicuous place to avoid permanently damaging or staining your white leather couch.
Tips and warnings
- Clean the entire couch to avoid demarcation between cleaned and non-cleaned areas.
- Before doing the entire piece of furniture, test your chosen cleaning agent in an inconspicuous place to avoid permanently damaging or staining your white leather couch.
Things you need
- Ivory soap (for general cleaning) or
- Dove Moisturizing Milk Body Wash (for general cleaning)
- Non-acetone nail polish remover (for stains) or
- Oxy Clean (for stains)
- Soft cleaning cloths such as old T-shirts, cloth diapers or towels