The best way to break a curse is to simply not believe that there are such things as curses, hexes, the evil eye or psychic attacks. Of course, this is easier said than done. If you are scared, someone can play on your fears. Doing a short ritual can help your subconscious remember that there are no such things as curses. It can also get rid of any nervous energy you may have for worrying.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- One fresh egg
- One bowl for the egg
- One black, grey, dark purple or white candle
- Table or altar for candle
- Lighter or matches
- Your choice of good luck charm
- Spade or shovel
- Patch of ground you can legally dig in
Gather materials and pick a place where you can perform your ritual without being disturbed. Place everything on the table or altar beforehand, except the egg.
Pick a night of the waning moon to perform your ritual. The waning moon helps to reduce anything. If you feel you really can't wait and are too scared of the thought of being cursed, then skip this step.
Wash your face and hands to prepare for ritual. If you want to take a complete bath or shower, go right ahead. Turn off the phone and place a do not disturb sign on your door to assure you will be alone.
Get the egg and place it in the bowl so it doesn't roll away.
Begin the ritual with a prayer or meditation--anything to get calm and relaxed. Call on whatever you believe to assist you in the success of this ritual. Imagine an invisible shield around you that nothing bad can penetrate.
Light the candle. As you do so, ask aloud that the curse be transferred to the egg. Eggs are symbols of potential, whether potential chicks or potential food, so legend has it that they can be made into anything you want them to be. Gently rub the egg over your body, as much as you feel comfortable doing.
Replace the egg in the bowl, then pick up your good luck charm. Say aloud that this charm will ward off all bad luck or curses forever. By saying it out loud, your subconscious mind will be more likely to believe what you are saying. Put on the charm or put it in your pocket.
Thank any spirits, gods or anything else you believe and snuff out the candle. Take the bowl and spade outside and dig up a patch of ground a few inches deep. Place the egg in there. Cover it up. As the egg rots, so, too, will the curse. If you have no patch of ground to dig into, then place the egg in the trash and take the trash outside.
Tips and warnings
- Watch the movie "The Serpent and the Rainbow" to get a clear picture in your mind of how curses work and how you can see that curses will not harm you. Whenever you are scared that a curse is working against you, think back to this movie to help calm down.
- If you do not know the current phase of the moon, you can check your local newspaper's weather section, which also notes the phases of the moon for the month.
- Never believe a psychic or fortune teller who insists that you have been cursed by an unseen enemy or late relative. This is a scam, because the only way this psychic sees to break the curse is to pay him a lot of money. A real psychic will tell you that there are no such things as curses or psychic attacks.