There is nothing like homemade lasagne. Unfortunately making lasagne in a standard oven often takes hours of work, from boiling the noodles to baking it in the oven. While the smell that permeates the house is always inviting, sometimes you don't want the heat of running an oven, especially in the warmer months. With a few simple steps you can have lasagne ready to eat for your family without all the fuss or mess.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp basil
- Medium mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- 2-qt. casserole dish
- Jar meatless spaghetti sauce
- 8 uncooked lasagne noodles
- 2 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Cling film
Pour the ricotta cheese into the mixing bowl. Break the egg and add to the bowl. Add the salt, garlic, oregano and basil. Stir the mixture with a wooden spoon until well blended.
Empty a quarter of a jar of sauce into the bottom of the casserole dish. Add a layer of lasagne noodles. Put the ricotta mixture on top of the noodles. Sprinkle 1 cup of mozzarella cheese on top of the ricotta layer. Pour the sauce on top of the cheese. Repeat the process one more time.
Spread the rest of the mozzarella and the Parmesan cheese on top of the sauce. Wrap the top of the dish with cling film. Place the dish in the microwave on high for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, set the microwave on medium and microwave for 30 minutes. Let the dish sit for 10 to 15 minutes after it is done cooking so it can set.
Tips and warnings
- Add vegetables such as eggplant, spinach or kale to increase nutritional content. Pre-breaded eggplant cutlets can be thawed in the microwave and added to the layers. For protein, add meat or try adding soy protein in the form of tofu. There are also cheese substitutes for those that are allergic or those that choose not to eat dairy that melt like mozzarella and sprinkle like Parmesan.
- Putting lasagne on high for long periods can lead to burning and toughness of noodles.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for