Did you know that you can read any book you want without buying it? With the same concept that has worked for years in libraries, you can now rent books online and return them just by walking to your mailbox. This step-by-step guide will show you how easy it is to rent and return the books you've always wanted to read.
- Skill level:
Sign up for a book rental service. You will have the option to select a variety pf plans to fit your needs. These plans allow you to rent a certain amount of books per month at various monthly fees. Review the offers to find out about shipping fees Booksfree, for example, always offers free shipping to and from your home (see Resources).
Browse through the titles or search for the books you want and create a list to be saved to your account. Search by genre, author, title, ISBN, publisher or description. Select the books you want to borrow by adding them to your list. Some services even offer recommendations after you have selected a few books.
Create and organise your "queue," which specifies your selections and the order in which you want them delivered. You can add to your queue or change the order of your titles as often as you like.
Wait for your book to arrive and take as long as you need to read it. Some services offer no late fees.
Return your book by putting it in the prepaid envelope provided by the company and placing it in your mailbox. When your book is received by the company, the next book on your queue will be shipped.
Tips and warnings
- If you absolutely love a book you've rented, you have the option to buy it by going to your account and following the prompts.
- Just as you are responsible for books rented from a local library, you are also responsible for the books you rent online. Find a place in your house to keep books when you are not reading them to ensure you do not lose them.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for