Dyslexia assessment tests for children and adults are easily found online. Most of the free online tests are considered pretest screenings to check for symptoms. Once taken, these screenings can help you to decide if further assessing would be useful and where to go to find specialists in your area.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Go to www.dyslexia.com/library/symptoms.htm and to go over the list of symptoms. It is a comprehensive list that will help you with the assessment test. This information will ready you for the dyslexia pretests and assessments listed in the next Step.
Go to www.dyslexia.com/dyslexiatest.htm and begin answering the questions.There is no rush to finish, because there is no time limit. The test consists of 41 questions coverinh several topics and subtopics, such as time management, behaviour, self-esteem and reading. You will be able print the results when the test is finished. The test can be taken for a child by an adult or alone by an adolescent through adult. This test is completely confidential.
Print out the results to file in your home records and to take for professional assessment or confirmation. In-office testing may be required for documentation.
Go to www.bdadyslexia.org.uk/adultchecklist.html for an adult test for dyslexia. There is a list of 20 questions written in a yes-or-no format.
Call a professional for more information or for more testing if your online test results are positive for dyslexia. Most online tests are a starting point to find out if an assessment by a specialist is necessary. All of the tests listed here are free, but there are some online tests that require a fee.
Tips and warnings
- If you do have dyslexia, have it documented in a written report by the specialist who diagnosed you. This will help you to be able to ask for the help you need such as in testing situations. You would be able to ask for and receive extra time to finish a test.
- Connect with others going through the same things.
- Sign up at these sites for their e-mail or newsletter updates.
- Keep several copies of important numbers so you can double check things like medicine dosages or who to call in case of an emergency.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for