It is fairly simple to learn how to make your own moisturising, revitalising shower gel, and even customise it with your favourite fragrance. In fact, creating your own shower gel is a simple, inexpensive way to indulge in a fragrance of your choice every time you take a shower. Poured into a decorative jar, it makes for a unique, personalised gift for friends and family. Making your own shower gel is also a great way to benefit from the cosmetic and medicinal benefits of herbs such as Aloe Vera. Read on to learn how to make shower gel with aloe vera gel:
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Sauce pan
- 3/4 cup of distilled water
- 1/2 cup of shampoo concentrate
- 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel
- 15 drops of apple fragrance
- 1/2 teaspoon of table salt
- 1 drop of green food colouring (or in a colour of your choice)
Measure out the water into a pan and warm it up to just over room temperature. You don't want it to be hot. Pour the warm water into a ceramic bowl.
Pour in the shampoo concentrate and then stir it into the water until it's completely mixed. Stir in the aloe vera gel and apple fragrance. Add the salt and some colouring.
Mix the ingredients thoroughly until well-blended. The gel will have a thick texture, which is how it should be.
Pour the well-blended shower gel into a decorative jar, bottle or other container of your choice. An empty shampoo bottle is a good choice for personal use. Your homemade shower gel will last up to 6 months.
Wet a sponge, bath pouf or wash cloth and put a small amount of the shower gel on it. Lather it up, apply it to wet skin, wash and rinse it off. Use daily if desired. This recipe will leave your skin feeling soft and pampered. It may even rival your store-bought shower gel!
Tips and warnings
- You can substitute the shampoo concentrate with unscented shampoo and one more teaspoon of salt.
- Using tap water will make your shower gel cloudy; using distilled water is a better option.
- Experiment with different fragrances to create your own unique scent. Mix and match fragrances or use a single fragrance.
- Wrap a jar or bottle of you shower gel in beautiful wrapping paper or in a gift bag and give it away as a personalised, unique gift.