The ski mask is synonymous with bank robbers and other criminals. In reality, they have a variety of much less dangerous uses, including the intended purpose of keeping your face warm in very cold weather. Ski masks are one of the simpler crochet clothing designs. You can make your own ski mask with some basic crocheting skills. Read on to learn how to crochet a ski mask.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Crochet hook
Decide what size to make the ski mask. Measure the circumference of the person's head and adjust the size accordingly.
Crotchet the mask as if you were making a large hat. Start by crocheting from the bottom of the neck area of the hat up towards the mouth. You can make this part of the mask as long or as short as you would like.
Continue crocheting upwards until you reach the mouth. Make sure to bind off as many stitches as you need for the mouth.
Stitch from the mouth to the eye area. Bind off as many stitches as you need for the eyes. The eye hole should be larger than the mouth hole, and it's a good idea to try the mask on before finishing it to make sure that th eye hole is big enough for both eyes.
Finish the mask by stitching from the eyes to the top of the head. Bind the opening at the top to finish the mask.
Tips and warnings
- Although eye holes are a necessity in ski masks, mouth holes are optional. You can skip the mouth hole and crochet all the way from the bottom of the mask to the eyes if you prefer to make it without a mouth.
- You can use several different colors of yarn in your mask if you tie off the yarn and start fresh with a new color.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for