Avocado can be used to help nourish hair and skin that lacks moisture. Avocado contains vitamins, minerals and fats that will help restore your skin and hair to a shiny and beautiful state. The benefits of avocado can be sought by simply scooping out the inside of an avocado or purchasing avocado oil. Including other ingredients in your avocado preparations provides a limitless array of extra benefits for different skin types or issues.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 1 mashed avocado plus 1 tsp.
- Avocado oil
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice
- Apple cider vinegar, a couple drops
- 1 egg white
- 1 egg yolk
- Pure aloe vera
Combine a teaspoon of mashed avocado, a couple drops of apple cider vinegar and a quarter teaspoon of lemon juice or egg white to make a skin mask. Apply the creamy mix to your skin and allow to sit for 20 minutes. Rinse off the mask to expose nourished and soft skin. Utilise this treatment every day or as needed.
Moisturise skin with avocado oil to help heal scars, eczema and restore moisture to dry, flaky or mature skin. Rub the oil into your skin to impart a glow and leave a silky smooth finish on face and body. Apply this remedy as a daily moisturiser or use as a massage oil.
Remove the skin of an avocado and mash the soft yellow-green inside. Combine the avocado with an egg yolk and massage into scalp and through hair. Leave the mixture on your hair for 15 minutes and remove. Repeat this treatment once a week for soft and moisturised from hair.
Treat a dry scalp by applying a coat of avocado oil. Stimulate hair growth with a concoction of avocado oil and pure aloe vera to reveal shiny, smooth and conditioned hair. Use this method in place of your usual conditioner once in a while for a natural and luxuriously moisturising regimen. Apply to the ends of dry hair, frizzy hair or flyaways to make hair look healthy and polished.
Tips and warnings
- Also try mayonnaise on your hair to fully condition it
- try hot olive oil and water to get a "hot oil" treatment
- Perform a patch test on the skin with any new ingredients and wait a day to ensure there is no sensitivity or allergic reaction.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for
- The Numbers Book: A Girl's Guide, 9 Rules to a Healthy, Happy and Beautiful Life; Joanna Hughes; 2010
- Aromatherapy Handbook for Beauty, Hair, and Skin Care; Erich Keller; 1999
- Jude's Herbal Home Remedies: Natural Health, Beauty & Home Care Secrets; Jude C. Todd; 2002
- An ABC of Natural Beauty Recipes: Dian Dincin Buchman; 1999