Glitter eyeshadow adds a glamorous effect to your look and is best to wear if you're going out for a night on the town. Since it's not a good idea to wear any old craft glitter around your eyes (it will get in your eyes and scratch them), there is a very fine type of glitter that is especially made for cosmetics and is safe for use around your eyes. You will have the satisfaction of creating your own one-of-a-kind glittery eyeshadow colours.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Plastic cosmetic jar
- Isopropyl alcohol
- Paper towels
- Small seal-able plastic bag
- Cosmetic-grade glitter
Clean out a plastic cosmetic jar, lid and sifter lid with isopropyl alcohol and clean a spoon the same way to make sure no bacteria will contaminate your eyeshadow. Dry them out thoroughly with a paper towel.
Scoop the eyeshadow out of the pan and onto a clean ceramic plate. Crush it (if it was in a pan) into a fine powder with the back of a spoon. Scoop up the crushed eyeshadow into a small, plastic resealable bag. Sprinkle the cosmetic grade glitter into the bag, at about half of the amount of eyeshadow.
Seal the bag tightly and roll it around in your hands to mix the glittery and eyeshadow. Do this for about 30 seconds. Add a a little more glitter if you want. Keep in mind that the more glitter you add, the harder it will be to get the eyeshadow to stay on your eyelids.
Hold one of the bottom corners of the bag over the open jar, and cut the corner off with a pair of scissors. Slowly empty the glittery eyeshadow into the jar and tap it to get all the glittery eyeshadow out. Place the sifter lid on the jar and your homemade glittery eyeshadow is ready to be worn.
Tips and warnings
- Mix a little bit of eyeshadow with a drop of water in your hand (or in the lid) and use a brush to apply it wet so that the glitter sticks more effectively.
- Look for eye-safe cosmetic glitter on Etsy.com, from an online make-up supply store like CoastalScents.com or from Sally Beauty Supply.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for