The iPhone has certainly changed the landscape of what defines a cell phone. No longer is it simply a communication device, but a personal entertainment system that you can shove in your pocket. Well if you've been using your Apple iPhone and it becomes jammed and needs to be reset, here's how to do it.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
Press the "Main menu" button found toward the bottom of your phone.
Click the power button, found near the top of your phone.
Hold these buttons simultaneously for about 8 seconds.
Wait while the screen asks if you want to shut it off. Continue to hold the Apple iPhone through this menu until the screen goes blank.
Allow the Apple iPhone to reset. You will see the Apple logo pop up while this occurs.
Slide the slide bar using your finger when prompted and you are complete. Your Apple iPhone has been successfully restarted.
Tips and warnings
- If you are having trouble with your iPhone, just contact tech support via phone, or mosey on down to your local Apple store. The workers will be happy to help.
- Place your iPhone in a carrying case to avoid the screen getting scratched or damaged. It may cost you a few bucks, but it will be money well spent in the long run to keep your iPhone in working condition.
- Information about iPhone applications can also be found on Apple's website.
- Always be sure your information has been backed up or saved before resetting the iPhone. It's like a computer in that there are some autosaves, but newer info may be lost.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for