The popularity of the new Iron Man movie in theaters means you'll see a lot of Iron Man costumes this Halloween. If you're having a party, going to a party or trick-or-treating around the block, you'll want to be wearing your own fabulous homemade Iron Man costume.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Yellow long-sleeved t-shirt
- Yellow spandex pants or leggings
- Red turtleneck or red short-sleeved t-shirt
- Red bike shorts
- Red spandex fabric to match bike shorts
- Red boots (optional)
- Yellow socks (optional)
Cut the sleeves off the t-shirt to begin making this costume. Then, cut the sides out of the shirt. Place the red shirt over the yellow shirt. You will wear both layers at once. Sew or glue the red shirt to the outside of the yellow shirt.
Cut the legs off the red bike shorts to make them look like Iron Man's. You will wear these over the yellow pants. If you cannot find yellow spandex pants, leggings will work just as well.
Wear the red shorts over the yellow pants just as Iron Man does.
Cut red fabric to go around the bottom of your pants. It should come up to the mid-calf, just like Iron Man's boots. Then, sew or glue it to the pants. Wear the pants with matching yellow socks. As an alternative, you can wear red boots, though you won't need red fabric for the costume's legs if you opt to go that route.
Measure around the lower sleeves of the yellow t-shirt. Then, cut red fabric to fit around them. Next, sew or glue them to the sleeves of the yellow T-shirt. Alternatively, you can wear red gloves that are long enough to fit up your forearm, like Iron Man.
Paint your face yellow with the yellow face paint. If you will be wearing a ski mask for a helmet or a store-bought mask, you don't have to bother.
Tips and warnings
- Remember that Iron Man's costume in the movie is new. You've learned how to make the classic red and yellow costume, but you can modify it to make it look like the newer version if you'd rather wear that one.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for