Make your own protein-enriched shampoo with an egg. The egg ingredient in the shampoo makes your hair soft and gives it bounce and shine, while the soap cleans and moisturises your hair gently. Use this egg shampoo with soap to have beautiful, healthy looking hair.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- 5 ml (1 tsp) olive oil
- 5 ml (1 tsp) lemon juice
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) soap
- Lavender or rosemary essential oil
- Bottle with lid
Crack an egg into a blender.
Add the olive oil and lemon juice to the blender.
Buy a soap made from natural olive oil from a health shop or online supplier. Add 15 ml (1 tbsp) of the soap to the blender.
Blend all the items in the blender until the mixture is combined well and is smooth.
Add a couple drops of lavender or rosemary essential oil to the blender to scent your shampoo.
Blend again until the scent is completely mixed with the shampoo.
Pour the mixture into a clean bottle with a lid.
Tips and warnings
- Use the shampoo immediately. It can be stored in the fridge for one day and must be used by then or it will spoil.
- Wash your hair with this shampoo using warm water. Rinse and repeat just as you would any shampoo.
- This shampoo will not produce a lot of lather, but it will cleanse your hair effectively.
- Do not use hot water to wash your hair with egg shampoo or you will cook the egg into your hair.