Aspartame is a dangerous sugar substitute added to diet foods. Using it over time can cause side effects such as headache, diarrhea, dizziness, anxiety and depression along with many others. Aspartame poisoning can mimic many other diseases. Follow these steps to detox from aspartame poisoning.
- Skill level:
Eliminate aspartame from your diet. It causes a toxic buildup of formaldehyde and DKP in the body.
Consult a doctor or nutritionist for help in your detoxification plan. If you are experiencing serious symptoms, a doctor's advice is crucial.
Eat cruciferous vegetables. These vegetables are broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage and brussels sprouts.
Take dandelion and milk thistle during the detox process. Ask your health food store clerk or an herbalist for proper dosages.
Ingest golden seal and echinacea to boost your immune system. Echinacea is popular for protection against colds.
Add a magnesium gluconate supplement to your diet. It helps prevent cell damage from excitotoxins as well as strokes and heart attacks.
Wait 60 days and see if your symptoms improve. If they don't, you may need to eliminate other toxins from your body, but you should consult your doctor first.
Tips and warnings
- It's best to eliminate all excitotoxins from your diet, such as monosodium glutamate(MSG), hydrolyzed protein, yeast extract, autolyzed yeast, aspartic acid, glutamic acid and cysteine supplements.
- Alternative medicine doctors such as holistic practitioners, chiropractors, osteopaths, and Oriental medicine doctors are often the most knowledgeable about aspartame poisoning.
- To find sweeteners which are safer than aspartame, look for a healthier sweetener resource list on the Internet.
- Be sure to take a good quality vitamin/mineral supplement during the detox process.
- Don't try to eliminate caffeine from your diet at the same time as aspartame. They both can be very addicting which would make any withdrawal symptoms worse.