Bell Bottoms? Check. Mod print shirt? Check. Groovy tunes? Check. With all these things checked off your list, the only thing left to do is transform your home into a '60s commune with peace signs, protest posters and flower power. Before you know it, everyone will be feelin' groovy.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Slogan buttons
- Lava lamps
- Beaded curtains
- '60s band posters
- Black light
- Black light posters
- Colored light bulbs
Hang beaded curtains in the doorways. What better way to welcome your guests than with this popular '60s trend?
Buy lava lamps. Let your guests become mesmerized by this '60s décor staple.
Make your walls scream "flower power." Buy posters with brightly colored flowers and hang them on your walls.
Buy slogan buttons. Choose buttons with peace symbols, yin-yangs and smiley faces and have them in a bowl next to the entryway for guests to choose from.
Purchase colored bulbs. Replace light bulbs with different colored bulbs such as red or blue to cast a groovy hue all around.
Hang posters of popular '60s bands. Choose posters of the musicians that defined the decade such as The Doors, Jimi Hendrix and Janis Joplin.
Tips and warnings
- Keep a few regular light bulbs lit so that your guests can still find their way around.
- Remove all of your contemporary wall hangings in the main rooms where the party is to be staged to truly transform your home.
- If you have the space, have a designated black light room and decorate it with "trippy" black light posters.
- Leave out the psychedelic drugs. Yes, they were a huge part of the '60s but they are still illegal.
- Make sure your decorations aren't fire hazards. Keep the entryways clear of large decorations such as full-size cutouts of Jimi Hendrix or large lava lamps.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for