Bruschetta is a lovely way to liven up your meal. This great Italian appetizer is easy to make, healthy and delicious. Tomato bruschetta adds a fresh taste of summer to your bread without weighing you down. This easy to make recipe takes less than 15 minutes.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 loaf of Italian bread, sliced
Preheat oven or toaster oven to broiler setting.
Toss tomatoes, garlic, basil, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper lightly in a medium bowl. Let tomato mixture sit for 10 minutes while you go on to the next step.
Arrange sliced bread on a baking sheet and broil for a few minutes or until lightly toasted.
Remove the baking sheet from the oven and top each slice of bread with an equal amount of the tomato mixture.
Sprinkle parmesan cheese over each slice of bread.
Return the baking sheet to the oven and broil for a few minutes or until cheese is melted.
Arrange the slices of bruschetta on a platter, serve and enjoy!
Tips and warnings
- Keep your tomatoes at room temperature to bring out their full flavor.
- Buy tomatoes from a farmer's market when they're in season, they tend to have a lot more flavor than supermarket tomatoes.
- Use fresh ingredients whenever you can. They taste so much better.
- Be careful! The pan and bruschetta will be hot coming out of the oven.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for