LinkedIn is a business-focused, social networking website. It enables users to create an online profile detailing their work history and to establish a network of contacts by connecting with work colleagues and associates. Users can write recommendations for people within their network, send messages to others and search for job vacancies. Endorsing a person on LinkedIn allows a user to recommend the skills and expertise of that person to others within their network of contacts.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- LinkedIn account
- Email account
Log in to your LinkedIn account.
Select the profile of the person you wish to endorse and look for the blue box containing the titles of their Skills & Expertise. If the box does not appear, move the cursor to the “Suggest Connections” box and click on the down arrow.
Click on “Endorse skills & expertise” to bring up the blue box.
Deselect any skill you do not wish to endorse by clicking on the small “x” located next to each title and it will be removed from the box.
Continue this process until you are left with just the skills you want to endorse.
Begin typing within the box if you wish to add a skill which is not already there. As you type, an alphabetical list of skills will appear.
Select the appropriate title from the list and repeat until the Skills & Expertise section contains all the endorsements you wish to make.
Click on the orange “Endorse” button and the recipient will be notified of your endorsements via email
Tips and warnings
- Endorsing skills is only available to LinkedIn members who use the English language version of the website.
- Any endorsement of a skill not listed on a person’s profile will need to be approved by that person before it is actioned.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for