Blogging platform Tumblr lets users add text, images, video clips, music files and links to other websites to their personal blogs. Tumblr bloggers can customise whatever they like, from their blog's colour scheme to the HTML of its theme. By the end of 2012, over 40 billion blog posts have been posted on Tumblr since its launch in February 2007. You may want to make your Tumblr blog posts transparent to give it a fresh new look.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Log in to your Tumblr dashboard. Click on your blog under your username at the top of the right-hand sidebar column. Click on "Customize" in the top right. Click on "Edit HTML."
Press "ctrl" and "F" on your keyboard to open a search box if you are using Windows. Press "cmd" and "F" on a Mac. Type "style type" into the box and click "Ok" or "Find" to pinpoint the relevant CSS code.
Scroll through to find the code <style type="text/css">. Scroll down a little further until you spot "background: #fff". Delete "#fff" and in its place type "transparent" without quotation marks.
Click "Save" and close the window. Navigate back to your Tumblr dashboard and compose a new post. After it is published, refresh the page and it should have a transparent background.
Tips and warnings
- Install the Tumblr "bookmarklet" in your bookmarks bar to make it quick and easy to share images on your blog. Navigate to the Tumblr Apps page, click on "Share on Tumblr" and drag it to your browser's bookmarks bar. Whenever you come across an image you like while surfing the web, click on the Tumblr button and a small window will appear, letting you choose the correct image and post type.
- Connect your Tumblr blog to your Facebook account to automatically publish your Tumblr posts on your Facebook timeline. Go to the "Settings" page on Tumblr, select your blog, and in the Facebook section select “Share posts on your Timeline.” Sign into Facebook, then click "Save" on your Tumblr blog settings page.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for