Football fans never want to miss a kick of the English Premier League. With 3G mobile phone technology and dedicated devices they can watch their team live even when they are on the move. Streaming live football matches on your phone can be done in a few easy steps.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Mobile phone
- Slingshot box
- Provider subscription
- Internet connection
Subscribe to one or both of the TV companies that broadcast live Premier League football matches, through your digital television provider. For the 2012-2013 season, Sky will broadcast a total of 115 games, while ESPN will broadcast 23. Subscribers to Sky’s full service get ESPN for free.
Connect a Slingshot box to your digital television set-top box. Follow the instructions that come with the device. A Slingshot redirects one input from your television to a mobile device or computer via an Internet connection.
Download the relevant SlingPlayer app for your mobile phone’s operating system. The app is available for iPhone, Android, Blackberry, Nokia and Windows phones. IPhone and Android users can, alternatively, download the Sky Go app, which will stream TV from five Sky channels direct to your phone.
Turn on your phones Internet connection. Navigate to the Slingshot or Sky Go app and launch it. Choose the match that you want to stream.
Tips and warnings
- If you don’t require full match streaming, you can watch footage of the goals from all Premier League games – including those broadcast by Sky -- soon after they have been scored for free. Download the ESPN Goals app. It also provides stats, fixture lists and live scores. It is available for IPhone, Android, Blackberry, Nokia and Windows phones.
- Only one user at a time can use the signal from your Slingshot.
- Be aware that from the 2013-2014 season, ESPN will not be broadcasting any Premier League matches. They were outbid for the rights by BT. BT have yet to announce details of any mobile phone streaming service for next season.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for