Symantec LiveUpdate automates virus definition distribution. Symantec antivirus clients protect computers using current virus definitions. Errors can occur preventing LiveUpdate from distributing current definitions to Symantec antivirus.
Other People Are Reading
The most common failures occur due to Internet connectivity issues, management server communication errors and corrupt virus definitions. Most LiveUpdate errors can be resolved following basic troubleshooting steps. The Symantec knowledge base contains solutions to common LiveUpdate error codes.
Open a Web browser and enter Liveupdate.symantecliveupdate.com or Symantec.com. If connection to either website fails, check Internet cables and settings. Symantec clients in a managed environment can be tested by entering http://<SEPM_Server_IP_or_Machine_Name>/secars?hello,secars into the Web browser. The SEPM server name and IP address are located in the troubleshooting menu of the Symantec client. Symantec produces the Sylink watcher and Sylink monitor tools for real-time troubleshooting of communication errors.
The LU1825 error code signifies the Symantec client has corrupt virus definitions, preventing LiveUpdate from updating. Downloading and running either the most current definition file or PIUpdate tool available on the Symantec website will resolve out-of-date and corrupt virus definition errors.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for
- Symantec: Troubleshooting LiveUpdate Issues with Symantec Endpoint Protection
- Symantec: Testing Communication from an Endpoint Protection client to the Endpoint Protection Manager
- Symantec: SylinkWatcher and SylinkMonitor - tools for real-time debugging of SPA 5.x and SEP 11.x
- Symantec: - Error: "LU1825: This update was corrupted so LiveUpdate was unable to process it. . ."