Import-License Information in the Philippines

Written by jean coley | 13/05/2017
Import-License Information in the Philippines
(Hemera Technologies/ Images)

In the Philippines, if you want to import products or merchandise, you must have a license. Also there are different classifications of imports, such as freely importable, regulated commodities, prohibited and banned.

General Import License

A general license to import is granted from the Bureau of Import Services. Contact the Import Information and Management Division for application and information at Bureau of Import Services, 3F Tara Bldg., 389 Sen. Gil Puyat Ave., Makati City, Philippines. By phone call (+632) 986.8974 or e-mail

Commodity Import License

To import agriculture items and/or medical drugs, you must have a "License To Operate" from the Department of Health Bureau of Food and Drugs. Contact them for application and requirements at Civic Drive, Filinvest Corporate City, Alabang, Muntinlupa City, Philippines 1770 or call (+632) 807 0721/ 807 0725. Visit their website,, for more information.

Import Permits

In addition to a import license, importing regulated products or merchandise requires you to have a import permit. For example, if you import antibiotics, you need a permit from the Department of Health Bureau of Food and Drugs. If you import colour reproduction machines, you need a permit from the National Bureau of Investigation. You must apply for the permit with the agency governing that commodity. Check the complete "List of Regulated Import Commodities and Administering Agencies/Bureaus" on the Philippines Department of Trade and Industry website,

By using the site, you consent to the use of cookies. For more information, please see our Cookie policy.