Pansies are popular landscape plants that bring colour and beauty to any garden. Pansies are also a good choice for pet owners, because they are not poisonous if ingested by animals.
Other People Are Reading
Pansies are often used as edible decorations on cakes because they are not poisonous to humans or animals. According to the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, the pansy orchid is nontoxic to cats and dogs.
Animals that ingest pansies will not suffer from symptoms associated with plant poisoning. However, Pawprints and Purrs states that any plant material can cause symptoms such as depression, vomiting and diarrhoea. Symptoms are usually mild and often do not require treatment.
Animals that experience severe or lasting symptoms after ingesting pansies should be taken to their veterinarian for evaluation. Take along a sample of the flower the animal ingested to ensure an accurate diagnosis and proper plant identification.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for