Hoover Hnwl 6136 Instructions
Jupiterimages/Brand X Pictures/Getty Images
The Hoover HNWL 6136 is a front loading combined washer and dryer designed to be plumbed into a permanent position in your home. The maximum washload in the machine is 5.9 Kilogram. The maximum weight of a drying load is 3.63 Kilogram. Both of these figures refer to the weight of the laundry before it becomes wet.
The HNWL 6136 is a cold fill washer. This means only the water required to wash the load in the machine is heated. There is no loss of heat in the pipeline from your hot water tank or boiler.
- The Hoover HNWL 6136 is a front loading combined washer and dryer designed to be plumbed into a permanent position in your home.
Sort your laundry into loads according to the wash care label on each item. Close zips, poppers, ties and fastenings to ensure no tangling occurs.
Check all pockets to ensure they are empty. Place small items in a laundry bag.
Place the first load in the drum of the machine. Close the door firmly.
Pull open the detergent dispenser drawer. Going from left to right there is a compartment for pre-wash detergent, a compartment for main wash detergent, and a compartment for fabric softener.
- Sort your laundry into loads according to the wash care label on each item.
- Place small items in a laundry bag.
If you are using a pre-wash, place the recommended amount of detergent in the pre-wash compartment, and the recommended amount in the main wash compartment. If you are not using a pre-wash, fill the main wash compartment only. Pour the recommended amount of fabric softener into the fabric softener compartment, and close the drawer.
Select the program you wish to use according to the care label on the items you have placed in the washing machine drum. This is done by turning the wash selector dial on the control panel to the required setting.
Select any additional options you wish to use. This is done by pressing the relevant buttons to the left of the dial.
- If you are using a pre-wash, place the recommended amount of detergent in the pre-wash compartment, and the recommended amount in the main wash compartment.
- This is done by turning the wash selector dial on the control panel to the required setting.
"Stain Blaster" can only be activated on the cotton cycles. It increases speed to maximise cleaning action.
"Sensitive Care" is an option for the Colourfast and Mixed Fabrics cycles. This causes the clothes to be washed in a much larger quantity of water. The amount of water is also increased during rinsing to ensure the removal of all detergent.
"Time Saver" reduces the length of a cotton or synthetic wash cycle by as much as 50 minutes.
Turn the temperature control knob to your chosen water temperature if you don't wish to use the standard temperature for the program you have selected. Press "Delay Start" if you do not wish the wash to proceed immediately. This will let you delay the start by up to nine hours. Press the start button. The wash will begin immediately if you have not used the delay start function. Alternatively, if you have used delay start, it will begin once the number of hours you have chosen have elapsed.
- "Stain Blaster" can only be activated on the cotton cycles.
- The amount of water is also increased during rinsing to ensure the removal of all detergent. "
Select the drying time before starting the wash if the load weights 3.63 Kilogram or less dry weight. This means you will not have to return to the washer until the load is both clean and dry. You have a choice of sensor drying programs - "Extra Dry"; "Store Dry" or "Iron Dry". Alternatively, use the timed programs: 120 minutes, 60 minutes and 30 minutes. The airing program tumbles the clothes in cold air.
Divide a wash load of more than 3.63 Kilogram into two loads for drying. In this case do not select a drying program at the start of the wash as the machine will continue to it automatically.
- Select the drying time before starting the wash if the load weights 3.63 Kilogram or less dry weight.
Only select the drying program when you have divided the washload.
Remove the laundry from the drum once it is dry. Fold and store items which do not need to be ironed. Iron items which require it immediately so ironing does not pile up.
- Setting the wash temperature between cold and 40 degrees Celsius will significantly reduce energy usage.
- A build up of soiling on the glass door can lead to water leakage. Clean the interior of the glass door regularly.
Belfast-based Neil Greenlees was made redundant in March 2009 after working as a reporter for 26 years. For most of his career he was a senior journalist with ''The Ulster Star," a weekly newspaper covering the Lisburn and South Belfast areas. Greenlees holds the National Council for the Training of Journalists Pre-Entry Certificate.