Beta Mannan is a dietary supplement created by Dr. Joe Glickman Jr., containing concentrated elements derived from the aloe vera plant. Manufactured by the Alotek Supplement company, the product is only available for purchase online. Use of the supplement, according to the official website, aids normal immune system function. Past claims of the supplement stated it helped diminish or dissolve traces of warts produced by both genital herpes and the human papaloma virus (HPV), but such statements have since been removed from the official website by direction of the FDA.
Decide if you want or need to take the supplement Beta Mannan. As of 2011, no allergic reactions or negative responses had been reported on the substance, but review your health history with your physician to ensure you will not face a reaction.
Visit the website to order the product. Since it's unavailable in stores, as of mid 2011, online ordering is the only option for obtaining Beta Mannan.
Take one pill four times daily. If taking pills so frequently throughout the day is inconvenient, taking four pills once daily will still produce a positive response, according to the company's website. If you have difficulty swallowing pills, chew the capsules after allowing them to soften in the mouth for a few minutes.
Use a Beta Mannan capsule as a suppository twice daily (morning and evening) unless menstruating to coat the cervix and vaginal walls. Do this in addition to taking the substance orally if you intend to use the product to aid with an existing cervical dysphasia or vaginal HPV infection. Insert a full, unopened capsule approximately 2 inches into the vagina, much like a tampon, avoiding puncturing the capsule with your fingernails.
Empty one capsule of the Beta Mannan supplement into 2-4 tablespoons of hot water if you opt for a douche method rather than a suppository. After the mixture has cooled down to a lukewarm temperature, use it to douche twice each day, once in the morning and once in the evening. Men can also use Beta Mannan as a topical treatment by dissolving the substance in warm water and covering the infected area.
Continue taking the supplement for 90 days, or for as long as you feel necessary.
- Stop the use of Beta Mannan at least 10 days before your next pap or HPV test.
- Beta Mannan could cause increased moisture in the vaginal region, leading to yeast infection.
- As with other natural supplements, if taking Beta Mannan for HPV, cervical dysplasia, or genital warts, you run a legitimate risk of paying for a product that will have no influence or effect on the ailment.
- A disclaimer required by the FDA for all dietary supplements states that, "These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Always consult with your health care provider before adding any substances to your diet or making any lifestyle changes."
- Jupiterimages/Photos.com/Getty Images