How to Set Carry Weight on "Oblivion" for PC
Bethesda's "The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion" game allows you to assume the role of a heroic adventurer in a massive fantasy world. In the game, a character's maximum carry weight refers to the total weight they may store in their inventory while travelling, without becoming over encumbered.
Since the maximum carry weight is derived from a character's basic statistics, changing them using the game's console will give your character a higher maximum carry weight.
Open the "Oblivion" installation directory on your hard drive. By default, it installs to the "Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion" folder. Open the "oblivion.ini" file in a text editor such as Notepad.
Change the value following the "bAllowConsole" line to "1" and save the changes. This tweak will activate the console in game, which will give you access to stat-changing commands.
- Bethesda's "The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion" game allows you to assume the role of a heroic adventurer in a massive fantasy world.
- Change the value following the "bAllowConsole" line to "1" and save the changes.
Start "Oblivion" and open a save file with the character you wish to alter. You may wish to save a duplicate copy of the character in case you enter the commands incorrectly, or want to return to an unmodified version.
Calculate the character's current maximum carry weight. Open the character's overview menu (default key "Tab") and note the character's "Strength" statistic. The maximum weight the character can carry equals five times the Strength number. Likewise, to determine how much to increase Strength, divide the desired maximum carry weight by five.
- Start "Oblivion" and open a save file with the character you wish to alter.
- The maximum weight the character can carry equals five times the Strength number.
Press the "~" key to open the console. Type "player.setav Strength" followed by a new number for the character's total Strength score. Press "Enter" to make the changes and "~" to close the console. The character's carry weight will increase--or decrease--based on the input for the new Strength total. Note that changing the character's Strength will also alter his melee damage and maximum fatigue.
How to Weigh Yourself on Wii Fit→
How to Change the Population Limit to Unlimited on "Age of Empires 2: The Conquerors"→
Could Not Execute Mail Delivery Program 'Usr/Sbin/Sendmail→
How to Set an Asset Tag Number on an Acer Aspire 5100→
How to fix a stuck Sim in The Sims Medieval→
How to Reduce Utorrent CPU Usage→
- While Strength is the primary attribute used in calculating carry weight, the character's armour proficiency also affects encumbrance. A higher proficiency makes equipped armour weigh less, and increases maximum carry weight. You can change armour proficiency just as you did Strength, using the "player.setav" command followed by either "HeavyArmor" or "LightArmor."
Andrew Mikael began writing in 2010. His articles appear on various websites, where he specializes in media and related technology. Mikael has a Bachelor of Arts in film from Montana State University.