How to Clean Ray-Bans
Ray-Bans are high quality sunglasses by Bausch & Lomb. Cleaning your Ray-Bans helps you maintain optimal viewing pleasure while keeping you fashionable. It is important to use only professional cleaning cloths specifically made for eyeglasses. Purchase professional cloths from most eye-care outlets.
Inspect the lenses carefully for dirt or grit. Rinse them with clean water, gently removing dirt.
Wipe the lenses in a side-to-side motion with an eyeglass cleaning cloth. Be sure to wipe the entire surface of each lens with clean areas of the cloth. Allow the Ray-Bans to dry completely.
- Ray-Bans are high quality sunglasses by Bausch & Lomb.
- Be sure to wipe the entire surface of each lens with clean areas of the cloth.
Inspect the lenses for any smudges. Make a solution of clean, warm water with a drop or two of mild dish soap.
Dip the glasses in the solution. Rub the entire surface delicately with the cleaning cloth, starting with the smudges on the lenses. Fold the frames closed, cleaning the hinges.
Inspect the hinges and nose pieces carefully for grimy build-up. If necessary, unscrew the hinges and nose pieces with a repair kit, clean, and put everything back together.
- Inspect the lenses for any smudges.
- Inspect the hinges and nose pieces carefully for grimy build-up.
Rinse the glasses with clean water. Wipe the entire surface with a clean, dry cleaning cloth, starting with the lenses. Allow the glasses to completely dry.
Buff any spots or fingerprints with a clean section of the cloth.
- Clean your Ray-Bans at least once per month to keep build-up to a minimum.
- Never clean your Ray-Bans with a dirty cloth or wipe them while the lenses have visible dirt. Doing so will easily scratch the lenses, which may be permanent.
- Never use household chemicals or glass cleaner not specifically designed for sunglasses as they may damage the coating.
- Jupiterimages/Goodshoot/Getty Images