How to Set the Clock on a Mazda 5
James And James/Pixland/Getty Images
Most automotive clocks are built into a car's radio. However, in the Mazda5, the clock is a separate unit. The clock shares its panel with the ambient temperature display screen, which is a few inches above the radio.
This is a helpful set-up as it allows you to keep the factory clock even if you install an aftermarket radio. Setting the Mazda5's clock only takes you a couple of minutes.
Turn the Mazda5's ignition on. The engine does not have to be running.
- Most automotive clocks are built into a car's radio.
- Setting the Mazda5's clock only takes you a couple of minutes.
Examine the control panel beneath the clock display. You'll see three buttons: "H," "M" and ":00."
Hold down "H" to adjust the clock's hour. The digit will slowly advance. Release "H" when the hour is correct.
Hold down "M" to adjust the clock's minute. Release the button.
- Examine the control panel beneath the clock display.
- Hold down "H" to adjust the clock's hour.
- To toggle between the 12-hour clock and the 24-hour clock, push and hold the "H" and "M" buttons simultaneously for a few seconds.
Leonardo R. Grabkowski has been writing professionally for more than four years. Grabkowski attended college in Oregon. He builds websites on the side and has a slight obsession with Drupal, Joomla and Wordpress.