The Repair of Dog Scratches in Vinyl Flooring
carrelage 1 image by Nathalie P from Fotolia.com
Vinyl flooring is a popular choice for kitchens and bathrooms. Flooring in the kitchen is more vulnerable to scratches from everyday wear and tear. Dogs can be especially rough on vinyl flooring and cause scratches from their nails. Scratches on a floor can be unsightly, but can easily be fixed.
Pour 1/2 cup of dish washing liquid into a bucket with warm water. Use a sponge to clean the scratch on the floor and the area around the scratch. Allow the area to dry.
- Vinyl flooring is a popular choice for kitchens and bathrooms.
- Use a sponge to clean the scratch on the floor and the area around the scratch.
Rub the 320 grit sandpaper along the scratch in a straight line. Continue rubbing until the edge of the scratch is smooth.
Rub the 500 grit sandpaper in a circular motion over the scratch. Sand the area surrounding the scratch until the wax coating is removed.
Rub the 800 grit sandpaper in a straight line over the scratch. Continue sanding until the edges of the scratch are smooth and even with the floor.
Wipe the area with fresh water and a clean cloth. Allow the area to dry.
- Rub the 320 grit sandpaper along the scratch in a straight line.
- Rub the 500 grit sandpaper in a circular motion over the scratch.
Put some of the car rubbing compound onto a clean cloth. Rub the compound in a circular motion over the scratch and the area that was sanded. Keep rubbing the area until it is as shiny as the rest of the floor. Allow it to dry, and buff the area with a clean cloth.
- Make sure the floor has been swept and mopped before beginning the repair process.
- Don't sand too hard or too roughly. Doing so may further damage the floor.