2008 Fusion Door Panel Removal
When completing some repair tasks on your 2008 Ford Fusion, such as repairing the rear-view mirror assembly or the window assembly, you may need to remove the inside door panel. Although this may seem like a daunting task, it can be completed by just about anyone with some car repair experience.
The process of removing an inside door panel on a 2008 Ford Fusion typically takes less than an hour.
Lift the door handle, bezel-screw cover with the blade of a flat head screwdriver. Remove the inside door handle bezel screw.
Lift up on the back of the inside door-handle bezel to remove it from the door assembly. Disconnect the electrical connection between the bezel and the door assembly.
- When completing some repair tasks on your 2008 Ford Fusion, such as repairing the rear-view mirror assembly or the window assembly, you may need to remove the inside door panel.
- Lift up on the back of the inside door-handle bezel to remove it from the door assembly.
Lift off the cover concealing the front door-handle screw. Remove the door-handle screw.
Remove the upper and lower screws holding the inside door trim to the remainder of the door assembly.
Pull out on the door-trim panel to release it from the pin connectors. Disconnect the electrical connection between the door trim and the outer-door assembly.
- "2008 Ford Fusion Owner's Manual"; Ford; 2008
- "2008 Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan; Lincoln MKZ Wiring Diagrams"; Ford Motor Company; 2008
- Place all door screws and screw covers in a sealable plastic bag so you don't lose them while performing other repairs.
Owen Pearson is a freelance writer who began writing professionally in 2001, focusing on nutritional and health topics. After selling abstract art online for five years, Pearson published a nonfiction book detailing the process of building a successful online art business. Pearson obtained a bachelor's degree in art from the University of Rio Grande in 1997.