How to Troubleshoot a Whirlpool Washer
Occasionally there are small problems that arise among washers. While some of these problems are serious, they usually are minor things that can be dealt with and fixed. There are several common problems with Whirlpool washing machines that you can troubleshoot and remedy fairly easily.
Check the valves that connect the pipes to the washer if the washer is especially loud. There have been complaints of loud noises in Whirlpool washer model LSR7233EQ0. Make sure that the valves are turned all of the way on. Sometimes these valves are not turned on at all. Most homes have a hot and a cold valve knob that must be turned. Some houses have only one sliding knob that simultaneously turns on the hot and cold water.
- Occasionally there are small problems that arise among washers.
- Some houses have only one sliding knob that simultaneously turns on the hot and cold water.
Inspect the connections of the hoses, if the water is cold when you want hot water or vice-versa. The valves coming from the wall are marked hot and cold, as are the connections on the washer. If there are no words marked, as is true with Whirlpool washer model WFW9200SQ, remember that the hot water connection should be on the left.
Check the washer's drain hose if there are puddles or leaks. Use your eyes and your fingers to inspect the hose and look and feel for holes or tears. Even a small hole in the drain could cause a fairly significant mess.
Ensure that the breaker to the laundry room is turned on. It often occurs that the breaker gets tripped without you knowing about it. Instead of assuming the problem is with the washer, look to see if it is a simple fix instead.
- Inspect the connections of the hoses, if the water is cold when you want hot water or vice-versa.
Assess the drain hose to make sure it is not plugged or kinked, if you are getting a flashing "F2" signal on your Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P washer. You can also check the drain pump filter for foreign objects.
- Adjust the washer legs if it moves while working. The taller the legs are, the more likely the washer is to move when it runs.
- Take care of leaks as soon as soon as possible. Allowing the water to continue to leak could cause significant floor damage.