Gymnastics for beginners requires the correct body positions, form and technique that are important in later gymnastics. Learn more about basic gymnastics skills with help from a gymnastics coach in this free video on beginning gymnastics.
Hi, I'm Andrea, and I'm going to talk about gymnastics for beginners. In beginning gymnastics, it's important to learn the correct body positions and correct form and technique. You want to learn basic things like friend support, pike, back bend, tuck position, lunges and hollow holds. These will be important in later gymnastics. You will also learn a few of the basic beginning skills like handstands, forward rolls and cartwheels. The earliest I would recommend to gymnast beginning is two years old. At that age they simply learn body awareness, do things like walking across the beam or forward rolls on a mat. As they get older and they demonstrate they have better body awareness, they are usually moved into a team and begin competing gymnastics. My name is Andrea Pratt, and I've just talked about overview for beginning gymnastics.
- Overview of Gymnastics for Beginners
- Tuck Jumps for Beginner Gymnasts
- Forward Tumbling for Beginner Gymnasts
- Standing Handsprings & Tucks for Beginner Gymnasts
- Round Offs for Beginner Gymnasts
- Back Extension Rolls for Beginner Gymnasts
- Hand Stands for Beginner Gymnastics
- How to Do Forward Rolls in Beginner Gymnastics
- Pike, Bridge, Rock n' Roll Gymnastics & Tumbling Stretches
- How to Do the Splits for Beginner Gymnasts
- Stretching for Beginner Gymnasts