Drawing a woman in a formal dress involves first sketching in the body, drawing in the outline of the bodice and extending a few flowing lines for the skirt. Draw a woman in a formal dress with a demonstration from a professional illustrator in this free video on fashion drawing.
Hi, I'm Michael Weisner. I'm an animator, 2-D illustrator and graphic designer and today I'm going to show you how to draw a formal dress. Let's get started. First, you're going to want to get paper and a writing utensil. Now, I've already roughed out today's image with a light graded pencil just to save time. Alright let's start drawing our formal dress. From what I have seen, formal dresses are pretty loose, so we're going to first draw her body, a little bit gangly. Now to begin with, I'm going to draw a little line down here and a line right here, cut up, draw a bit of cleavage and then get to work on the very bottom of the dress, very flowing and loose. And there we have it. And that's how you draw a formal dress. I hope you enjoyed. I'll see you next time.
- How to Draw Clothes on a Fashion Figure
- How to Draw Western Cowboy Boots
- How to Draw Girls' Clothes
- How to Draw a Bathing Suit
- How to Draw Camouflage Patterns
- How to Draw a Necktie
- How to Draw Flat Shoes
- How to Draw a Shirt Collar
- How to Draw Fashion Clothes
- How to Draw Women in Dresses
- How to Sketch a Bridal Dress
- How to Draw a Woman in a Formal Dress