A flash drive can store small data files from a computer. Store data on a flash drive with the tips in this free video on computer peripherals from a professional computer hardware trainer.
When I store data, I like to keep it right next to me. My name's James, computer hardware training coordinator for InterConnection, and I'm going to show you how to store your data on a flash drive. Now when you want to copy your files, you want to find out all the files you really want. You might want, you start with your My Documents, your business files, your book marks, anything you want. How to do this is, you go to start. You click My Computer, use this to browse to where you want to go. In our case, we want to go to Our Documents, and we want our....shopping list. We need to know what we want to buy at the store. So we're going to right click it, go copy, 'cause we just want to copy it to our external device. We go back to My Computer again, so now we have two windows open. And there is our external storage device white, right there. We open it, we right click anywhere. Hit paste, and we've just copied one file from our hard drive to our external storage device. It's that simple. Now you just rinse and repeat for all the files you need. You can remove the external device. And you've just transfered your data. My name's James, and I just showed you how to store data using a flash drive.
- How to Use an External Mouse With a Laptop
- How to Use a Monitor With a Laptop
- How to Use an External Keyboard With a Laptop
- How to Transfer Files to Another Computer Using a Flash Drive
- How to Backup a Computer Onto an External Hard Drive
- How to Use a Flash Drive to Store Data
- How to Transfer Files From Internal Hard Drive to an External Hard Drive
- How to Copy Data From One Hard Drive to Another