All that's needed to make liquid starch is a mixture of water and cornstarch, and oils can even be added for fragrances. Find out why liquid starch is so useful in the laundry room with help from a professional house cleaner in this free video on liquid starch and housecleaning tips.
Hi, I'm Rachel Yatuzis, and I'm going to show you how to make your own liquid starch. The good thing about makin' your own is you know what's in it, so all you need is some water and cornstarch. A lot of commercial liquid starches that you buy already made, you know in the grocery store or wherever, contain formaldehyde so this is a better option. That's kind of creepy, so anyway, and it's way cheaper to do it this way. You want to get a pint of cold water. And a lot of people don't know this but it's called starch because it is actually made with cornstarch. So, you want to get a tablespoon of cornstarch; mix it up really well in the cold water. Grab an empty spray bottle and just dump it in your spray bottle. Keep this handy, keep it in your laundry room and when it comes time to use it just shake it up really well first, and you've got your own homemade starch. If you want to add some fragrance, you know, some oils or things like that for fragrance that's always a good idea too. Just give it your own little kick. And it makes great Christmas gifts, birthday gifts. It's somethin' that you made on your own, and it's very inexpensive. I'm Rachel Yatuzis, and that is how you make liquid starch.
- How to Clean a Ceramic Tile Shower
- How to Clean Mortar or Grout From Ceramic Tile Floors
- How to Clean an Oriental Rug
- How Do I Get ChapStick Out of Clothing?
- How to Make Liquid Starch
- How to Clean Stainless Steel Jewelry
- How to Clean Soap Scum
- How to Clean & Shine Hardwood Floors
- How to Clean Wood Furniture
- How to Machine Wash Pillows
- How to Identify Black Mold
- How to Clean Nicotine Stains
- How Do You Remove Creases From Leather?
- How to Get Mildew Out of Clothes