Learn tips for making the bridle when making a hobby horse in this free crafts video from our kids toys expert and homemade toy authority.
Now I'm going to show you how to make a bridle for our horse. You can use a variety of pretty ribbons or straps. Anything you can find that interests you. You can even take strips of fabric if you want, to make this bridle. Now you can do it with a ring or you don't need the ring. If you want you can just take a ribbon and put it around the nose like this. And then take another ribbon that's going to go around the nose like that and just hand stitch it in place. Okay? If you want to you can use a ring. This is how we'll do it. I'm going to just take a piece of fabric and fold it over the side of the ring and I'm going to sew that in place with a sewing machine. Okay. And then you'll take the ribbon around and cut it off where you have enough to overlap it. It'll go like that. Now you can do it with a ring on either side, too. I'm only doing a ring on one side. And then the other piece will get sewn on the ring like this. Again, I'm going to sew it with the sewing machine first. Then I'll finish it with a hand stitching. Just go back and forth to secure that nice and tight. And trim off any of the strings. Okay. So we have one that goes up around the top and one that goes around. And the top one should come up. Just part the mane a bit and have that go up over the ears and underneath this one like so. And then around and back around the ring. I'm going to cut it just a little bit past the ring so I can fold it over. Like that. And then you just want to hand sew that in place.
- How to Make Bridle for Hobby Horse
- How to Attach Bells to Hobby Horse Bridle
- How to Attach Hobby Horse Head to Stick
- How to Close Hobby Horse Head
- How to Pin Yarn Mane for Hobby Horse
- How to Sew Yarn Mane for Hobby Horse
- Sewing Tips Hobby Horse Yarn Mane
- How to Position Yarn Mane for Hobby Horse
- How to Make Yarn Mane for Hobby Horse
- Tips for Drawing Hobby Horse Pattern
- How to Make a Hobby Horse
- How to Draw a Pattern for a Hobby Horse