Learn how to position yarn mane between layers when making a hobby horse in this free crafts video from our kids toys expert and homemade toy authority.
Now I would show you how to apply the yarn mane. Again, you want to measure from the tip of the nose seven inches from here and just mark it with a pen or a marking pencil. Then see I left my yarn on the card and it is just loose on the bottom and fold it at the top edge. Then we are just carefully lay it down and remove the card without disturbing it to much. You want to take the card off. Then you are just going to sort of pin it in place. First lay it along the edge of the neck of the horse. Lay that all the way on the edge down to the bottom and it can stick out just a little bit not to much. That is a little too much. You want it to just overlap just a little bit less then that even maybe a quarter of inch overlapping. This is a little bit tricky because of the yarn is loose and we would just try to pin it place the best you can. You can't really pin it to good because all the yarn is loose but in a few spots. Then we are going to very carefully sew that in place. Actually the better way to do it is in a sandwich, the other head section. So now here is the other head section. This is the right side or the outside of the horse head. You would lay that on top of the yarn and so that the yarn is sandwiched between the two layers and we would pin that in place.
- How to Make Bridle for Hobby Horse
- How to Attach Bells to Hobby Horse Bridle
- How to Attach Hobby Horse Head to Stick
- How to Close Hobby Horse Head
- How to Pin Yarn Mane for Hobby Horse
- How to Sew Yarn Mane for Hobby Horse
- Sewing Tips Hobby Horse Yarn Mane
- How to Position Yarn Mane for Hobby Horse
- How to Make Yarn Mane for Hobby Horse
- Tips for Drawing Hobby Horse Pattern
- How to Make a Hobby Horse
- How to Draw a Pattern for a Hobby Horse