How do you hit lower golf shots with the hammer swing? Learn all the details about this golf technique in this free video clip on golf tips.
In this segment I'm going to talk about hitting the ball low. Why is it important to hit the ball low? How many times have you seen golf scores go up when the wind is blowing hard? Why? The main reason is that people don't know how to hit a shot low. They hit a high shot and the wind blows the ball all over the place. A low shot, the wind affects really very little. Now, hitting a low shot with the hammer swing works great. Because, a general principle is the further you bring back the hammer the more difficult it is to hit a nail in straight. For example, a carpenter, if he brings the hammer back this far, it's much easier to hit a nail straight into the wall compared to if he did this. I'm sure you would agree, it's more difficult to hit a nail straight into the wall with that swing than with this one. Similarly, if you have a golf club, it is easier to hit the nail straight with a shorter swing than with a longer swing. So instead of...let's say you have 140 yards or whatever you have, and you normally hit an 8 iron, let's just say. Instead of doing something with that 8 iron and swinging big and hard, you could take a 6 iron with less loft and take a shorter swing to hit that same 140 yards. And with a shorter swing, it's easier to hit the nail in straight. Hitting low shots with the hammer swing is a dream. Take one or two more clubs, your normal swing, your normal ball position, your normal hammer hit, and just do it with a shorter hit. Because the shorter you swing the easier it is to hit that nail in straight. Low shots with the hammer swing is a dream.
- Using Straws as Golf Aids
- Tips on Asking Golf Swing Questions
- Using the Golf Ball for Help
- How to Control Your Golf Swing
- Using Golf Swing Aids
- Stabilizing Your Head in Golf
- Listening to the Golf Ball
- How to Reduce Pressure in Golf
- Golf Practicing Tips
- How to Choose a Golf Club
- Hitting Low Hammer Golf Shots
- Why Long Golf Clubs are Hard to Hit
- Follow Through of the Hammer Golf Swing
- Down Swing of the Hammer Golf Swing
- Release of the Hammer Golf Swing
- Impact of the Hammer Golf Swing
- Back Swing of the Hammer Golf Swing
- Takeaway of the Hammer Golf Swing
- Golf Ball Position for Hammer Swing
- The Hammer Golf Grip
- Concept of the Hammer Golf Swing
- What is the Hammer Golf Swing?