The release in a golf swing is important. Learn all the details about this golf technique in this free video clip on golf tips.
In this segment I'm going to talk about the release. And, basically, the release means the release of the hands and the wrists. There are different types of releases in golf. The most popular one is when your hands turn over as they come into the ball. However, many golfers talk about the release not being like that. Ben Hogan, Bobby Jones, many others, talk about the release instead of turning over, it's actually more of the hammer release, which is (video demo). Bobby Jones said it's more like slapping a ball. Sam Snead said the same thing. At impact it's more like slapping and then your hands turn over afterwards. The release is so important. And, once again, the hammer and the nail. If you brought back that hammer, your hands would hinge in this manner and if they're going to hinge in this manner, they have to unhinge in this manner. Because if you hinge going back and don't hinge coming into the ball, it's going to go to the right. If you hinge going back and unhinge too early coming into the ball, it's going to go left. To the right. To the left. You have to hinge and unhinge. You have to release right at the nail. Right at the ball. And it's with your hands working in this manner, not turning over. I see that nail. I have the hammer grip and I want to bang that straight in with the correct release. The hammer release. The release is so important. Try it. The hammer release right at the nail. Right at the ball.
- Using Straws as Golf Aids
- Tips on Asking Golf Swing Questions
- How to Control Your Golf Swing
- Using Golf Swing Aids
- Using the Golf Ball for Help
- Stabilizing Your Head in Golf
- Listening to the Golf Ball
- How to Reduce Pressure in Golf
- Golf Practicing Tips
- How to Choose a Golf Club
- Hitting Low Hammer Golf Shots
- Follow Through of the Hammer Golf Swing
- Why Long Golf Clubs are Hard to Hit
- Down Swing of the Hammer Golf Swing
- Impact of the Hammer Golf Swing
- Release of the Hammer Golf Swing
- Takeaway of the Hammer Golf Swing
- Back Swing of the Hammer Golf Swing
- The Hammer Golf Grip
- Golf Ball Position for Hammer Swing
- Concept of the Hammer Golf Swing
- What is the Hammer Golf Swing?