Learn golf essentials and basic techniques such as golf shot foot positioning with expert tips in this free golf instruction video.
Hi! I am Jason Wyatt, head golf professional at Sunnydale Golf & Country Club and I am here today to show you how to properly place your feet during the golf swing. We’ve got a golf ball here, just hit a shot down the fairway and you are ready to hit our next shot onto the green. What we see is a lot of amateurs that set up to the golf shot differently every time and meeting their feet. I have a seen a lot of people with their feet really close together or very narrow. We also see a lot of people that set up and get their feet very wide. Both these are improper ways of setting up your feet for a proper golf shot. What we would like to see is when you set up to the golf shot and my feet are spread, we would like to see them about shoulder width apart. If I was to hang a golf club from my shoulder, it is right over top of my foot. Same thing on the back; hang a golf club from my shoulder, my feet are now properly aligned and they are shoulder width apart. This will allow me to turn correctly and maintain a balanced golf swing. So remember next time you are out there, just check to make sure that when you drop a golf club from your shoulder that it is hanging over your foot; it is not too wide and it is not too narrow.
- Tips for Proper Golf Shot Alignment
- Tips for Golf Shot Foot Positioning
- Tips for Reading the Green in Golf
- Tips for Proper Putter Fitting in Golf
- Tips for Chipping in Golf
- Etiquette for Distance Control when Putting on the Green in Golf
- Tips for Putting Drills in Golf
- Etiquette for Golf Stretches in Golf
- Etiquette for Warming Up on the Putting Green in Golf
- Etiquette for Fixing the Ball Mark in Golf