Demonstrating how to attack and control a club attack. Learn self-defense with martial arts in this free video.
Hi. I'm Jason Jeannette with Elite Martial Arts of Middle, Tennessee. Alright, this is a defense against club swing, attack and control. Alright, here's a club defense. Let's assume that I'm, well ready or not ready, it doesn't really matter in here. So my hands are up, I'm ready, and the swing comes and I need to be inside the arc here. I need to be inside it. So, I'm going to do two things. I'm going to make sure I'm protected all through here and I'm bringing my shoulder up, just like I would if I'm throwing a jab. I'm taking my shoulder up to roll over my chin to protect it. And this hand will be up, ready to come across if I need it. But I'm just thinking about laying my forearm and breaking his collar bone. I want to hit him that hard. So, I'm laying into him as hard as I can. If I catch eye gouges on the way through, that's perfect. And immediately from there, I'm going to slide down and I'm just locking his wrist. I'm just touching my chest with my hand and just trying to keep this still. As long as this is still, I'm okay. Side clinch here, keeping my elbow down to keep him from trying to go for, to keep him from going to my legs here. So, I'll just keep that and push. Knees to the groin. Knees to the face. Remember, I can knee him to the body, but he can block that, he can take one of those. Just to get my leg, go for a single leg. If I'm kneeing to the face, he's pretty much got to commit to that block. So groin strikes, knees to the head. Once I get there, grab, pull straight down and it's my weapon now.
- Self-Defense with a Weapon Takeaway
- Self-Defense Against an Overhead Stab
- Self-Defense Against a Headlock with a Knife
- Self-Defense with an Object of Opportunity
- Self-Defense Against a Knife Held to the Trachea
- Self-Defense Against a Knife Held to the Carotid Artery
- How to Defend Against a Knife Attack
- How to Disarm an Attacker with a Stick
- Controlling a Club Attack with Self-Defense
- Self-Defense Against a Club Attack
- Martial Arts Self-Defense Training Equipment