Both Garmin and Magellan have Global Positioning System or GPS devices that keep you on track. With them, you have access to points of interests, turn-by-turn directions and United States maps. If you have maps from Magellan that you would like to use with Garmin, you may convert them. Both units allow you to use another file type with them. Just map converting software to transfer the maps to Garmin.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Magellan to Garmin conversion software
- USB cable
Connect your Magellan device to your computer with its USB cable. Click "Start" and "Computer." Drag and drop the Magellan files to your desktop.
Download a Magellan-to-Garmin conversion software. Examples include GPS Babel, WayPoint Conversion software and GPS Utility. Save the software to your desktop.
Double-click the software file. Read and accept the software agreement. Save the software to your computer's hard drive.
Launch the conversion software. Upload your Magellan file. Change the output type to Garmin MapSource.
Choose a destination on your computer to save the converted file. Click the "Conversion" button. It will take up to two minutes to convert.
Tips and warnings
- Connect your Garmin GPS to your computer with its USB cable, and drag and drop the files onto it.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for