You can use Tumblr to create many blogs under a single account if you wish. If you find the Tumblr platform simple to use, you might like to use it as a means of creating a blog for an office pool, an upcoming wedding or another personal event. However, in some cases you may not want the blog to be viewable by the general public. If this is the case, add a password when creating a new Tumblr blog to make it private and restrict the blog to only viewers that you choose.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Go to Tumblr.com and log in with your e-mail address and password to view your dashboard.
Click the plus sign in the upper-right corner of the page. This brings you to a new page titled "Create a new blog."
Click the "Title" field, and type the title that you would like to use for your private Tumblr blog.
Click the "URL" field, and type the address that you would like to use for your blog, such as "privateblog.tumblr.com."
Place a check in the box labelled "Password protect this blog."
Click the field below the check box, and type the password that readers must enter to view the private blog.
Click the "Create Blog" button.
Tips and warnings
- You can make an existing Tumblr blog private as long as it is not the original blog that you created when you started your Tumblr account. Click the name of the blog at the top of the Tumblr dashboard, and then click "Customize Appearance" on the right side of the page. Click the "Advanced" tab at the top of the page, and then click "Password protect this blog."
- You cannot make your original Tumblr blog private; you can only create a new private blog. If you want to make your original blog private, consider moving the content from the original blog to the new private one.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for