The online massively multiplayer construction game Roblox enables designers to create worlds and games for other players. Roblox is free to use and play. A basic element of world design is the model, a label for an object that identifies something, such as a brick or character, to the scripting program Lua, which Roblox uses. Models can have many properties depending on how they are defined. Copying models is a simple task.
- Skill level:
Visit Roblox and open the Roblox Builder.
Select the tool bar to open the model panel. Select a category of model such as "brick" to copy. Press the down arrow on the category list to see other model types.
Select the thumbnail of the model you wish to place in your world. Drag the thumbnail to any spot in the world to place it.
Select "View" from the menu bar. Open "Explorer" from the "View" tab.
Highlight the model folder that appears in the "Explorer" panel. The model folder should represent the structure of data of the model you placed in the world. Press "CTRL" and "C" to copy the model.
Click on the "Workspace" folder in the "Explorer" panel. Press "CTRL" and "V" to paste the model you copied into the world. The copied model should appear in the world viewer right above the original model.
Tips and warnings
- Rename the copied model so that you can distinguish between the original and the copy.
- Right-click on the model to open the "Property" panel to change the copy's properties, such as material and colour.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for