Salicylic acid is one of the primary ingredients in acne medication and other skincare products. It breaks down sebum and other debris that clogs skin pores and helps to prevent future clogs by slowing down the shedding of skin cells. You can create your own salicylic acid beta hydroxy acid (BHA) serum instead of buying the high-end counterpart from a beauty products retailer.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Hazelnut oil
- Oil dropper
- Plastic bottle
- Grape-seed oil
- Salicylic acid powder
Place six to nine drops of hazelnut oil in one plastic bottle. Let it rest for a few minutes, and then put six to nine drops of grape-seed oil into the plastic bottle. Shake the bottle to mix the two carrier oils.
Put 3 tbsp of salicylic acid powder in the plastic bottle with the carrier oils. Shake the bottle to mix the two carrier oils with the powder.
Refrigerate the serum to keep the oils and salicylic acid powder at their most potent strength. Because the product includes no preservative, do not expose it to sunlight or hot temperatures.
Tips and warnings
- Apply a moisturiser with a sun protection factor of 15 or greater whenever treating skin with exfoliation solutions or products containing salicylic acid.
- Give skin a rest; use products with salicylic acid only once or twice each week at most.
- Moisturise and nourish freshly exfoliated skin with an oil-free moisturising gel or cream.
- Do not store salicylic acid BHA serum in a bathroom or kitchen because it may become unstable. Always store the product in a refrigerator or a cool, dry place.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for