- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- LinkShare account
- Website or blog
Log in to your LinkShare account. The login button is located on the right side of the screen in the grey navigation bar under the country selection. User id and password are required to sign in.
Locate the "Links" tab on the red navigation bar. The "Links" tab is located under Affiliate Network and Lead Advantage on the left side of the screen.
Click the "Data Feed" option in the drop down menu of the "Links" tab. A screen with the RSS Data Feeds and Create Feed Token options will open.
Click "Create Token." A confirmation screen will open asking whether you want to update your token. Click "OK."
Select a RSS Data Feed from the list of available data feeds listed above the feed token. The list of available data feeds is populated from the list of advertisers that offer feeds that you have applied to and been accepted into their programs.
Subscribe to the LinkShare data feed through a feed reader. Add the data feed to the reader by copying the data feed link into the "Add Subscription" option of an RSS feed reader. RSS feed readers are programs used to pull available feeds from websites and blogs together in one place. Popular RSS feed readers include Google Reader and NewsGator.
Using a RSS Feed Reader
Select the LinkShare data feed you want to add to your website or blog. The LinkShare data feed list contains all the available feeds for the advertiser's programs that you have been approved as a publisher. Each advertiser may have several different feeds featuring different products, coupons, or sales.
Paste the convert code into the desired place on your website or blog template. Dedicated website pages and blog sidebars are two areas where converted feeds are often placed.
Add to a Website or Blog
Tips and warnings
- Feed tokens can be used to create Merchandiser data feeds as well as a Coupon Web Service data feeds.
- Inserting the converted code into the desired place in the HTML of a website requires the knowledge of HTML coding. Most blogs, however, have tutorials on how users can easily add code to their blog template.
- Be sure to save or update the website or blog after adding the code.
- Creating a Merchandiser data feed program may incur a one time fee of £162.
- According to the LinkShare Merchandiser Data Feed Program at the time of this writing, if you have been "active in the network for at least 3 months and you generated at least 50 orders in the most recent calendar month or if you are applying as a member of the LinkShare UK Network," this one-time fee can be waived.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for