The BDU is the Battle Dress Uniform formally used by the military in combat from 1982 to 2005. The BDU remains in use by the United States Air Force and the United States Navy as a uniform for ground combat operations. Rank insignia on the Battle Dress Uniform are located on the collar flaps of the uniform. Insignia is attached by sewing directly onto the uniform.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Rank insignia
- Battle Dress Uniform
Buy the appropriate insignia to match your rank, either from the Internet or your local base exchange.
Pin the rank insignia with straight pins to the collar flaps of your uniform.
Sew the insignia onto the collar flap, from the inside of the collar to the back of the insignia. Remove the pins when you are done.
Tips and warnings
- Hire a tailor to complete the task for you if you are unsure of your sewing abilities.
- Your commander may authorise pin-on metallic rank to be worn rather than sewn-on cloth rank.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for