A hard-working Lexmark printer must continually adjust to the variety of media it prints out. For example, bond, transparencies, photographic paper, labels and letterhead stationary all require the print cartridge carrier to sense different ink print depths. From time to time, bits of paper may get stuck in the print cartridge carrier's path. When this happens, the power light on most Lexmark printers will flash two times. Begin troubleshooting by conducting an easy cartridge carrier visual inspection and soon your print jobs will be right back on schedule.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Turn off the printer and then lift open the front cover.
Remove stuck paper pieces and other debris out the path of the print cartridge carrier.
Turn on the printer. If it still does not work correctly, visit the Lexmark website and download driver updates for your printer model, if available.
Tips and warnings
- Fan new paper before placing it in the your printer tray. Individual sheets in new reams often stick together during the packaging process.
- Refer to your printer's manual for guidelines in paper tray capacity and how to print different types of media. For instance, most printers require transparencies to be fed one at a time through a manual feed tray. This practice will help prevent overheating and excessive cartridge stalls.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for