The crunch of dry cornflakes make a simple base for candy clusters you can make in the microwave, no baking required. Using the same recipe, you can make chocolate, butterscotch, white chocolate or caramel corn flake clusters depending on your family's preferences. Or make a variety of flavours -- they're easy enough to make that you don't have to limit yourself to just one kind. Use the best quality chips you can find.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Microwave safe bowl
- 2 cups chocolate, butterscotch, white chocolate or caramel chips
- 1 cup cornflakes
- Waxed Paper
Pour 2 cups of chips into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds at a time until the chips are melted enough to stir.
Add 1 cup of cornflakes to the melted candy and stir to coat.
Spoon clusters of mixture and drop on wax paper.Chill until set.
Tips and warnings
- If you like, you can melt a second flavour of chips and drizzle it over the clusters before chilling.
- For a sweeter candy, use frosted cornflakes.
- Use a pot holder to stir the chips -- the candy will get hot enough burn skin.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for