Traditionally made with crusty Italian bread or French baguettes, garlic bread makes an excellent accompaniment to pasta dishes. Use sandwich bread to make a quick version of this classic side dish. Using butter and minced garlic, it is possible to recreate the flavour of traditional garlic bread with sandwich bread, though the chewy, crunchy texture will be difficult to achieve.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup butter
- Pastry brush
- Baking tray
Peel and mince three cloves of garlic.
Melt 1/2 cup butter in a saucepan. Simmer the butter until it is golden. Skim the white foam off the top of the melted butter.
Add the minced garlic and remove the butter from the heat.
Spread the garlic butter on the bread using a pastry brush. Coat both sides evenly and arrange the bread on a baking tray.
Bake at 190 degrees C for 10 minutes. Flip the bread and cook for an additional five minutes until both sides are toasted.
Tips and warnings
- Use garlic powder instead of fresh garlic to save additional time.
- Add shredded mozzarella cheese for extra flavour.
- Do not soak the bread in the butter; too much butter can make the bread fall apart.
- Use caution when removing the pan from the oven.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for